Monday 4 June 2012

Cupcakes and lanyards

I haven't had as much time as I would like to sew or quilt lately and I am suddenly realizing that sewing time will be different in the next months as summer vacation kicks in.  The kids are off in 3 weeks and from now until then I will be working on gifts for the teachers and trying to finish painting a bathroom and hopefully staining a deck.  

I have been working on these little cupcake quilts this past week.

I showed you Émilie's a couple of weeks ago.  I have since done the quilting... still have to add the buttons.



These two just need to be quilted and embellished.  My husband isn't sure he wants buttons on his... we'll see once it's quilted. 

I haven't made mine yet as I am having a lot of trouble deciding on the colors.  I am getting the holder in the next couple of weeks so I have started working on the June block but I will only show you that one when it is done!

I have also been making lanyards.  I am making some as gifts for the teachers and thought it would be nice to make myself a couple for my scissors!  I love them!


I will post pictures of the gifts for the teachers and staff at the school once they are done and all handed out.

2 comments:

  1. Je suis jalouse... le personnel de l'école est chanceux!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake quilts are coming along beautifully, Ginette. I'm also jealous of the teachers. What a great idea to use them for scissors in the sewing room 'cause I'm always losing mine. I'm going to have to make me some of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!